Enroll a Student

Students are expected to enroll in the attendance district in which they live.  Students who are new to Sturgis High School are required to enroll with their parents or legal guardian.  When enrolling, the parents will need to bring:

  1. a birth certificate or similar document
  2. custody papers from a court (if appropriate)
  3. proof of residency
  4. proof of immunizations
  5. transcript of grades or last report card.

In some cases a temporary enrollment may be permitted.  If that is done, the parents will be told what records are needed to make the enrollment complete.

Students enrolling from another accredited school must have an official transcript from the sending school in order to receive credit from that school.  The Guidance Office will assist in obtaining the transcript if not presented at the time of enrollment.

Adult students (18 years of age or older) may enroll themselves, but if residing with their parents, are encouraged to include them in the process.